Certifications and Standards for Your Custom Machines
The custom machines designed and built by Engineering By Design are designed to comply with US and International standards NFPA 79, ISO and IEC.
Typical safety features we use to ensure that equipment is safe to use and transport are:
- Wheels on machines to aid in transportation that are easily removed when equipment is near the location for setup.
- Fuses at all power supplies.
- Main power disconnect switch prevents opening a utility box unless power has been shut off at the main power switch.
- Labels for power, emergency stops, rotating machinery, warnings, trip hazards and/or any situation that safety may be questioned.
- Safety doors to protect the operator from moving parts or other hazards.
A few of the documents we adhere to when fabricating equipment to meet CE certification are:
- 73/23/EEC = Low Voltage Directive (LVD).
- 89/336/EEC = EMC Directive.
- EN 60204-1 = Safety of Machinery – Electrical Equipment of Machines.
- EN50082-2 = Electro-Magnetic Test.
- EN 954-1 = Safety Related Parts of Control Systems.
- ANSI B11.20 = Manufacturing System/Cells-Safety Requirements for Construction, Care and Use.
Get a Quote
Send us your specification and we will recommend the best solution for your needs. Note that being a premier machine design firm we can also customize your machine to your dream needs. Material Type, Production Rate, Process Configuration, All you need to do is ask!